Skype
sipher_mt

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I feel that another shade of subtlety would make this film even better. Its overt hatred of the lure of fame and wealth is a little overwhelming. However, having seen Aleks other work, subtlety isn't his style.

|~Snow Snow For Lucy~| |~Snow Snow For Lucy~|

GO GO GADGET ZOLOFT

If Vince and Lucy ever have kids, it would wind up not having any arms OR legs. Then Mr. Vallentine would have some more horribly depressing material to make a flash about.

WGJ4K: Robert Burgless WGJ4K: Robert Burgless

Terrible Nostalgia Trip

I listened to the whole thing, god help me, and the whole time not really processing what was being said, because i was too busy recalling how similar this episode was to my childhood. The raised voices and smashing lamps and glass was terrifying and horrible as i recall rocking myself to sleep and muttering happy thoughts to drown out the smashing and yelling. So, thanks? Funny beginning, though.

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

What a classic!

Champion Champion

Fun for 8 lvls.

Its fun, up until i got the no power bar upgrade and then it became piss easy from then on. So it was an awesome game up until level 8 until you would either lose terribly or never ever lose.

Finer Optics Finer Optics

Thats a sweet intro! Love the synth design and effects. However, I was not a fan of the synth you used for the lead, and also I didn't care for the melody it played, either. It didn't appear too often, so I would think the song wouldn't be changed very much if it was left out entirely.

My favorite part is when one of the synths does a kick ass scoop on the last beat after a short pause right before the beat drops near the end. It was tasteful and spicy and really really dope.

Good job and keep it up!

Auretilex responds:

Thanks! I didn't know how well that transition to the second drop/chorus would do, so I'm glad you liked it.
And I definitely did have a hard time with creating a melody, so much so that I thought about giving up on it at the end. However, when I was thinking about removing it, I had already worked so hard on mixing it in that if I were to take it out it'd sound super hollow. I'll be wary of doing this kind of stuff in the future though!

Day 1 Beat 1 Day 1 Beat 1

Pretty cool, dude. I like how the resonance on the kick-drum is not in the key of the song, so it clashes with the piano and the synths, giving the whole song this uneasy feeling. Very cool.

If I am to offer criticism, I think you should ease off on the kick. What i mean is its a little busy and seems to crowd-out the rest of the song.

Overall good job, keep it up.

Kraftor responds:

Thanks, SipherMT, will keep that in mind.
The kick I gave too much attention, layered few kicks and then adding an 808 with the little attack. Basically overcooked.

Thanks to you I will make it level with the other sounds. Your honest criticism is more than appreciated.

Forward [Ben Lepper, SwS, Will RP, Drewpy] Forward [Ben Lepper, SwS, Will RP, Drewpy]

At you and your collaborators level of skill, I can only critique this song on a personal-taste aspect and not on a technical aspect. You guys really know how to make a quality song in terms of mixing, sound design, synth design, and other technical whatnot. This track (and your other ones as well) are of the highest quality and I can't imagine you making anything other than quality music.

If I am to review this song based on creativity and originality, I don't think it brings a lot to the table. At six and a half minutes, it overstayed its welcome. I feel that there isn't enough content to justify such a long song. There are some great ideas in this song; specifically I liked the guitar at 0:32 and 4:17, though these cool ideas are spread out and repeat themselves infrequently. I get that the motif established by the guitar is carried throughout the song on different instruments, though it's not an interesting enough of a motif to carry the whole six minutes. I completely understand that this drawn-out style could be the nature of epic trance and I just don't understand the genre a lot.

A minor criticism is that I don't particularly like songs with sampled movie quotes. This is a rather petty critique, but I still think that quotes don't add anything to a song. I do appreciate how you tied the quote back into the song at the end to remind the listener of the theme. It just seems to me that if you want to control the imagery a person gets from a song, you should add lyrics, not quotes. My final petty critique is that I thought the "pop" sound at 1:46 was dumb and out of place. I would refrain from using sound effects that could break the mood you are building.

Please don't get the wrong idea from me, you really do make amazing music. "The Bard" is a genius song and I think it is a perfect example of excellent songwriting and technical proficiency. This whole review is mostly based on personal preference and is not to be meant as an indictment of your skill as a musician. I would love to hear more of your music in the future. Never stop creating!!

Drewpy responds:

Thank you so much for your review! All of the 'petty critiques' you stated were risks for us in terms of songwriting. I very much appreciate this kind of criticism, as it gives me room to grow and improve areas where I may not be as strong. It means a lot, thanks again!!!