Skype
sipher_mt

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I feel that another shade of subtlety would make this film even better. Its overt hatred of the lure of fame and wealth is a little overwhelming. However, having seen Aleks other work, subtlety isn't his style.

|~Snow Snow For Lucy~| |~Snow Snow For Lucy~|

GO GO GADGET ZOLOFT

If Vince and Lucy ever have kids, it would wind up not having any arms OR legs. Then Mr. Vallentine would have some more horribly depressing material to make a flash about.

WGJ4K: Robert Burgless WGJ4K: Robert Burgless

Terrible Nostalgia Trip

I listened to the whole thing, god help me, and the whole time not really processing what was being said, because i was too busy recalling how similar this episode was to my childhood. The raised voices and smashing lamps and glass was terrifying and horrible as i recall rocking myself to sleep and muttering happy thoughts to drown out the smashing and yelling. So, thanks? Funny beginning, though.

The Beast Snacks 1 The Beast Snacks 1

Unique Animation, Un-unique and Painful Audio

What a strange animation. You had a really interesting way of animating people talking, like that their heads move, but not their jaws. Kinda exactly opposite of reality, but realism isn't your focus here, i presume. So i give you a 10 out of 10 for original style, art, and the backgrounds were beautiful, like a Miyazaki film. Though you loose major points on the audio.

There were so many inconsistencies with the relative volumes and the mixing of the music and voice overs. One minute people are charging each other to battle one another in an epic showdown of skill and strength and their battle cries are wimpy and quiet, yet when they go to throw a punch, i practically puncture my eardrums with the sound effects. Then the opposite happens, someone yells and you can hear the audio file clipping majorly (the distortion you hear caused by the amplitude being restricted by the bit depth). Keep a consistent volume level (normalizing) and reduce clipping and you will have improved your cartoon ten fold.

You seem to pride yourself on your art development, and i really respect you for your growth and maturation as an artist, and that should be what you should focus on. Music, voice over mixing, spacial placement, folly sound, and audio mastering is a whole other art form and requires as much time and effort to succeed at as drawing. So i would suggest leave the tedious busy work of mixing to people who excel at it, and stick to making your art even better than it is now.

Fantastic animation. I can't wait to see more things from you.
4/5, 8/10 for the inconsistent and often frustrating audio.

Burnt Face Man 9 Burnt Face Man 9

Voice acting

Possibly the best voice acting in all of NG. I am seriously impressed.

Neenja: Way Of The Harut Neenja: Way Of The Harut

Nostalgia Trip

I remember when this was first released on NG. It seriously blew my mind back then. Now, though, the standards have changed, and so i hope that the continued series steps up to the plate of today's high standards. I think this has potential to be one of the greatest series ever.

Sykohyko responds:

I understand what you mean. The look of part 5 is going to make neenja 1 through 4 look like crap. I promise :)

Ribbachile! Ribbachile!

Strangely Profound

I watched this flash for a good five minutes and then had an amazing epiphany. There is a girl i know who i never particularly hung out with or saw a lot in high school because while she is really hot, she is very aware of that and then occasionally bitched and moaned to me about how there is no good guys in the school to date and how she will never be happy. I assume she did this because it either was a giant ego trip to see me hold back my statements of how that is a load of bullshit and she should date me because i am a 'good guy' and not unsightly either, or is training to win the Olympic gold in being a bitch-face. At any rate, in college we have been forced to interact more because we share many of the same friends. There is a point to why i say this. At times when i just can't take the constant stream of self absorbed, mindless talk any more, i animate a small narrative in my head of a hastily drawn salmon speaking in an unintelligible fast falsetto voice. I then murder the salmon.

I saw a huge similarity in your flash to what i see in my imagination when i talk to this girl. Even if i was a talented flash artist capable of making masterpieces, i would still animate my imagined flash movie the exact same way you animated yours.

All in all, i do not think this was a hastily made flash with no creative effort, but a beautiful representation of profound and complex emotions. Great job.

The Pigpen The Pigpen

Was i dreaming?

When i watched this i had to make sure i was not asleep or something. This seems like it would be thought up and animated in a terrible nightmare. I am genuinely terrified of this cartoon.

But i liked it, great job.

Lucky Day Forever-trailer Lucky Day Forever-trailer

Stuff of Legend

I will always and forever respect people who hold the creation and design of the music just as much as the animation itself. The unique and incredibly detailed animation is perfectly complimented by the genius and beautiful aural treat that is the creations of Ed Harrison, who if i am not mistaken made the standard shattering sound track to Neotokyo. I assure you that i am on the edge of my seat until this comes out in full.

I give this a 8/10 because i was so disenchanted that there was not any more of this to watch. It seriously put a damper on my evening.

the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Boo Voice Over! Yay SFX!

It is of great relief to me to watch a video on NG with quality music and sound design. Spacial placement of instruments in the music are quite professional. I wish more animators would put more time into this part of their creations.

Though i am surprised at how you deviated from your previous episodes. The addition of a human voice to this episode has broken the suspenseful and gorgeous atmosphere of silence you have created in the world of Brackenwood. It just seems that you could have still told us the same information that the voice over did through your brilliant silent storytelling. I was quite disenchanted.

The entirety of NG is on the edge of their seats for your next episode to be released. Keep up the good work. I think ill go buy a t-shirt from you now. Lots of x-mas shopping to do and whatnot.

P.S. - your narrator sounds hot. A bodacious babe i presume?